Re: lynx-dev Lynx help site is now a porn site (cf. trill-home.com --> s

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx help site is now a porn site (cf. trill-home.com --> subir.com)
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 19:21:27 +0000 (UTC)

Dixitur illum address@hidden scribere...

>> Another issue would be a stable 2.8.5 release in a reasonable future:)
>> Do we have a chance, Tom?
>
>I've been working on dev.17 for the past couple of days - will probably take a
>week or so to work through the patches and bug reports.  The one I was working

I've got another one for dev.18 ;-)

| <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?> $insert_any_html_code_here
together with unknown/default charset set to UTF-8 and no meta http-equiv
in the HTML code makes lynx still think the XHTML file is utf-8, because it
doesn't parse the XML header.

A solution would be:
 - check for http-meta-equiv, http transport header (as before)
 - if still no charset given, check for xml header
 - go use the default logic (as before)

>on last night is taking some time (reading a large file into a textarea after a
>^X-e overwrites some data structure, perhaps related to the memory pool changes
>from last winter).  There are also a handful of bug reports for the

Ah cool, you got it.

cu
//Thorsten
--
[...] if maybe ext3fs wasn't a better pick, or jfs, or maybe reiserfs, oh but
what about xfs, and if only i had waited until reiser4 was ready... in the be-