lynx-dev more on SSL certificates

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: lynx-dev more on SSL certificates
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 17:13:56 +0900 (JST)

To answer my own question about test sites, I found the appended two
in the lynx-dev archives that seem to work well.  To get to the final
page, however, I had to answer (y)es to the "SSL error: ... Continue?"
warnings listed after the sites.  I'm fairly sure that cert.pem file
was made correctly and is in the right place.  How would I go about,
say, updating the expired fortify certificate, or obtaining the
liii local issuer certificate?  I re-read a Dec 2002 post by Clemens
Fischer that seemed to have the answer, but alas it was too cryptic
for this novice.  In particular, how do you go about "get[ting] the
cert from the server"?  Any ideas or help appreciated.

And, Stef, thanks for the help on exporting the ca-bundle.  That was
a real "doh" one, but had me stumped.

__Henry

http://www.fortify.net/
SSL error:certificate has expired-Continue? (y)
SSL error:host(www.fortify.net)!=cert(*.Fortify.net)-Continue? (y)

https://www2.liii.com/cgi-bin/env
SSL error:unable to get local issuer certificate-Continue? (y)
SSL error:host(www2.liii.com)!=cert(www.ggn.com)-Continue? (y)