Re: lynx-dev Re: FORCE_SSL_PROMPT:NO

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: FORCE_SSL_PROMPT:NO
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 11:11:29 +0000 (UTC)

Dixitur illum address@hidden scribere...

>HOWEVER, I could not get "https://mirbsd.bsdadvocacy.org:8890/"; to work.
>I get the "SSL error:host(mirbsd.bsdadvocacy.org:8890)!=cert(mirbsd.
>sdadvocacy.org)-Cont[inue? (y)]" message.

This is a known issue which Thomas has promised me will be
fixed in the next development version (I've sent a patch which
strips the port from the FQDN to match the certificate, and
uses a case-insensitive match), to match both Netscape's docu-
mentation and behaviour.

I'm unsure whether wildcards are allowed in certificates. I'll
look that up soon (I'm still a bit ill) though.

Greets,
//Thorsten
--
[...] if maybe ext3fs wasn't a better pick, or jfs, or maybe reiserfs, oh but
what about xfs, and if only i had waited until reiser4 was ready... in the be-