lynx-dev More lynx problems

From: Ilya Zakharevich
Subject: lynx-dev More lynx problems
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 16:08:46 -0700

As I reported earlier, sometimes lynx wants to go to foo.gz.gz when
looking for documentation.  Apparently, this is a defect of LYHelp.h.
Note that LYHelp.hin contains

#define ALT_EDIT_HELP           "keystrokes/@ALT_EDIT_HELP@"

and help_files.sed contains

s"@ALT_EDIT_HELP@"alt_edit_help.html.gz"g

and then

s"alt_edit_help\.html"alt_edit_help.html.gz"g

Also: look for .gz.gz in Changes...  [There are two broken .gz.gz in LYHelp.h]

BTW, about using cut&paste on Unix: AFAIK, X11 comes with no program
to manipulate selection.  However, many sites have xsel and/or
xselection installed which may be used to do so.  Also: it is trivial
to use Tcl/Tk or Perl/Tk to write such a manipulator.  Something like

perl -MTk::Clipboard -MTk -we "print +(new MainWindow)->Text()->clipboardGet"

(not tested).

Hope this helps,
Ilya