Re: lynx-dev Segfault with https

From: Ilya Zakharevich
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Segfault with https
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 13:29:30 -0700

David Woolley wrote:

  >    helpful either.  As my correspondent with Mozilla found, this place
  >    *has* a certificate, but it is not chained to anything "standard", so
  >    is not "trusted".  Cannot a different message to be shown?

  Almost certainly it could be made trusted if you had a local copy of
  its certificate, so the message is correct.  Of course, for all your
  local certificates, including those for standard certifiers, you
  need to make sure that your method of obtaining them is absolutely
  trustworthy.  (IE, I think, would simply say that the certificate
  was bad, and you would have to go to more info to find out why.)

[This was about a message "Cannot find a local copy of certificate" (sp?)].

Would not be something like:

  the site's certificate not resolvable via locally available root certificates

be more appropriate?  And/or provide (h) choice which would redirect
to a proper page of Lynx docs?

Ilya