Re: lynx-dev gettext troubles

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev gettext troubles
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 00:36:56 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, Gisle Vanem wrote:

> I've compiled a localised version of Lynx (MingW) using the sources
> under ./intl and ./po. Here's some of my CFLAGS:
>
> -I./intl
> -DHAVE_GETTEXT -DENABLE_NLS=1 -Dnl_catd=int    \
> -DGNULOCALEDIR=\"./po/\" -DLOCALEDIR=\"./po/\" \
> -DLOCALE_ALIAS_PATH=\"./\" -DPACKAGE=\"lynx\"  \
> -DHAVE_LIBGETTEXT_H -DHAVE_CATGETS

These are strange values. GNULOCALEDIR and LOCALEDIR should refer to
the absolute paths of the directories under which the translation
.gmo and .mo files go. You probably mean to have something like
"-DGNULOCALEDIR=g:/MingW32/share/locale" if you want the files to
go in the LC_MESSAGES directory under the language name for that
directory. It looks like "LYNX_LOCALEDIR should override the default
binding of the textdomain at runtime. A more general solution is at:
"http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-utils/2002-06/msg00350.html";

When I compiled with MingW, I didn't use NLS, so I can't compare your
values now to what I would have gotten using the configure mechanism to
generate a makefile. If you want to use the LYNX_LOCALEDIR, I suspect
that you need to use forward slashes, or escape the backslashes.
                        Doug

--
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden