Re: lynx-dev Trouble accessing ftp site

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Trouble accessing ftp site
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 20:54:43 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003, Thomas Dickey wrote:

> Looking at the changelog for ProFTPD, it seems that these people started
> testing it against the RFCs about 6 months after this version was released.
> The workaround used in at least one other client is to reconnect when the
> 550 is received.  That's a possible solution.  Or (either way this is a
> fair amount of work ;-), I could test 1.2.9 to see if the bug's been fixed.

...as a followup, I noticed Debian has a package for 1.2.9 - which works
properly.  ProFTPD's change log is vague, but I have an impression this
may have been fixed about a year ago, and sooner or later the site with
1.2.5 will be upgraded.  (But I'll also experiment a little with
reconnecting, to see how much that hurts).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net