Re: lynx-dev 2.8.5dev.17 crash without lynx2.8.5dev.16-iz2.patch.gz

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 2.8.5dev.17 crash without lynx2.8.5dev.16-iz2.patch.gz
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 13:06:54 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004, Arclele wrote:

> Il 11/01/04 16.54.33, Thomas Dickey <address@hidden>
> ha scritto:
>
> >One that catches my eye is the use of SPAN, which is
> >(mis)used in lynx to setup color style.
> >
> Yes, this page is a "molosso" (3048 row) end there is a
> lot of bad code, like this:

> 4 span open and 1 closed... for 3000 row.

yes.  I suppose it was generated by a script.

I've gotten as far as seeing that there's some problem like memory being
overwritten (fixed one variable that was clobbered, but haven't gotten
close to the problem).  It's dying about 2/3 through the file (2000
lines) - and since the file is simply a long list, there's no indication
that trimming the test down to a small file would make it break.

The 2.8.4 version also breaks on this file.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net