Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.5dev.17

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.5dev.17
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 20:23:36 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004, RobertM wrote:

> It is alleged that Thomas Dickey once typed:
> > On Sun, 11 Jan 2004, RobertM wrote:
> > > It is alleged that Thomas Dickey once typed:
> [snip]
> > Quick look (will have more time later today) shows a problem with the
> > ifdef's.  Just reading the headers looks like -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 should
> > work (otherwise most of netinet/in.h is ifdef'd out).  But it doesn't
> > work, so I'm not reading it right.
>
> Done a little bit more debugging and removing "-D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500"
> get's rid of the undifrend errors, however it still doen't work.
> Now failing at

This works:  in the configure script before the line beginning "openbsd",
line 4357, add a case like

irix6.*)
        CPPFLAGS="-D_SGI_SOURCE"
        ;;

That will prevent it from falling through to the code that adds the
_XOPEN_SOURCE definition which is breaking the ipv6 definitions.
The other features for which I added this are either not used in lynx,
just happen to work with _SGI_SOURCE, or are missing on IRIX64.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net