Re: lynx-dev lynx_help.diff.gz

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx_help.diff.gz
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 21:43:01 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, [ISO-8859-1] Fr?d?ric L. W. Meunier wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004, Thomas Dickey wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 03:10:39AM -0200, Fr?d?ric L. W. Meunier wrote:
> > >
> > > 2 others don't seem to work anymore.
> > >
> > > http://www.excite.com/ - "The browser you're using is not
> > > allowing you to sign in to Excite."
> > >
> > > http://www.lycos.com/ - "text/vnd.wap.wml  D)ownload, or
> > > C)ancel"
> >
> > Which one (excite or lycos)?  I get equivalent treatment from both with
> > lynx/elinks/w3m.  But I didn't try creating an account.
>
> Does Excite work for you ? I'm redirected to
> htt?://www?.excite.c?m/securit?/0??7?67??00.html

me too - but w3m and elinks get the same treatment
(actually elinks gets a garbaged page which is worse -
1 percent of javascript is a more of a problem than a solution).

> But yes, Lycos worked on FreeBSD, so I now see the .mailcap and
> .mime.types RealOne or RealPlayer added to my $HOME on
> Linux changed its behavior. I could reproduce it copying them
> to my FreeBSD $HOME.

It would be nice to make the mailcap and mime.types configurable at
runtime.  w3m does that (but I don't find the interface that good).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net