Re: lynx-dev README.ssl

From: Atsuhito KOHDA
Subject: Re: lynx-dev README.ssl
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 14:25:33 +0900 (JST)

From: Stef Caunter <address@hidden>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 20:40:22 -0500 (EST)

> > > Below are secure (https) pages which will load if your browser contains
> > > SSL
> > > support and you accept their certificates;
>                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Do you mean an ssl error? This is expected unless the
> presented certificate is installed as trusted.

Ah, it might be not an error.  I couldn't go far to see
"unable to get local issuer certificate-Continue? (y)"

It looked timed out(?).  Anyway, when I tried

   $ LANG=C lynx https://www.gnutls.org:5555/

then I should wait and wait then lynx stopped with
a following message.

  Looking up www.gnutls.org:5555
  Making HTTPS connection to www.gnutls.org:5555
  Alert!: Unable to connect to remote host.

  lynx: Can't access startfile https://www.gnutls.org:5555/

But with "lynx https://www.gnutls.org/"; lynx showed
soon "unable to get local issuer certificate-Continue? (y)"
(same with https://www2.ggn.net/cgi-bin/ssl) and then
showed me "log in" window(?).

So I suspected ssl support worked but the site
"https://www.gnutls.org:5555/"; could be not correct.

Sorry if I misunderstand something.

Regards,                 2004-1-20(Tue)

 Atsuhito Kohda <address@hidden>