Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.5dev.17

From: RobertM
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.5dev.17
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 00:16:20 +0000 (GMT)

Greetings,

It is alleged that Thomas Dickey once typed:
> On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, RobertM wrote:
[snip]
> There's a fairly length test-program in the script.  I did notice that AIX
> 4.x failed the getaddrinfo() test (though it compiled).  Perhaps this is a
> similar case.  You can probably extract that from the script and (using
> the generated header in the current directory) compile it & see if you
> get a similar result.

The test program does compile, but gives an exit value of 1.
editing the configure script so that that test always passes lynx
compiles and seems to be IPV6 enabled. Will do some more checking, to
make sure.

> I was able to configure/compile on IRIX 6.5something (there was a lynx
> coding error that I was debugging on that platform last night).  So
> in principle it should work...

At the moment it looks like an issue with that particular test.

--
Robm
873