Re: lynx-dev 2.8.5pre.3.patch.gz

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 2.8.5pre.3.patch.gz
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 06:50:52 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004, Stef Caunter wrote:

> Fine on OpenBSD 3.3. Also on NetBSD-1.6.1 with this one
> warning...
>
> In file included from ./LYUtils.c:62:
> /usr/include/utmpx.h:126: warning: `struct utmp' declared
> inside parameter list
> /usr/include/utmpx.h:126: warning: its scope is only this
> definition or declaration, which is probably not what you
> want.
> /usr/include/utmpx.h:127: warning: `struct utmp' declared
> inside parameter list

I saw that (but didn't make a note).  The header files are broken,
as you will note by reading the corresponding lines.  <utmpx.h>
is supposed to declare struct utmpx and not use utmp.h unless
its ifdef's assert that <utmp.h> has been included.  That wasn't
done.  (Still not as bad as some vendor headers which when including
<utmpx.h> will render <utmp.h> when the wrong ifdef's are set).

> Don't know why, because I see the changes in lynx.man, but
> my man page for lynx does not show the new SSL...
> environment variables. Am I missing something? make
> install-help and make install-doc apparently didn't update
> man lynx. Where did they go I wonder and how does man lynx
> update?

perhaps /usr/local/man isn't in your manpath?

> Unrelated to the release -- this link on the lynx.isc.org
> front page, which points to a page from April 2000
> containing old suggestions.
>
> ToDo list for lynx: http://lynx.isc.org/todo/todo-list.html
>
> Might want to consider taking it down.

ok