lynx-dev 2.8.5pre.4.patch.gz

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: lynx-dev 2.8.5pre.4.patch.gz
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 17:36:56 -0500

hmm - are we done yet?  I'd like to wrap this up...

The current version of lynx is 2.8.4

It's available at
        http://lynx.isc.org/
        ftp://lynx.isc.org/lynx/lynx2.8.4/
2.8.5 Development & patches:
        http://lynx.isc.org/current/index.html

2004-01-28 (2.8.5pre.4)
* workaround to build with ncurses 4.2 -TD
* fixes from Thorsten Glaser:
  + use ${GNUSYSTEM_AUX_DIR}/mkinstalldirs if it exists.
  + use $ac_config_sub variable in CF_CHECK_CACHE macro.
  + add case in CF_XOPEN_SOURCE macro to prevent defining _XOPEN_SOURCE
  + use $(MKINSTALLDIRS) variable in generated makefile.
  + correct comment in lynx.cfg for the default value of FTP_PASSIVE
  + increase pattern length for mkdtemp() call.
* add command-line & menu option/config variables to replace the compile-time
  UNDERLINE_LINKS definition (suggested by BL) -TD
* correct ownership of installed lynx_doc directory (report by FLWM, PG) -TD
* modify configure check for tar to test several common variants including
  star, modify makefile.in to use the configured 'tar' program (request by
  FLWM) -TD
* compiler ifdef-fixes -BL
* documentation updates for DJGPP and OpenSSL -DK
* fixes/updates for DJGPP makefiles -DK
* modify po/makefile.inn to substitute the PACKAGE and VERSION strings into
  lynx.pot automatically, and to remove the unused boilerplate header comment
  (suggested by LP) -TD
* fixes for substituted project-version in configure script -TD

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net