Re: lynx-dev Problem with Cygwin port under bash shell

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Problem with Cygwin port under bash shell
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:59:21 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004, Thomas Dickey wrote:

> > I now see why CAN_CUT_AND_PASTE was not defined, even though
> > HAVE_POPEN is defined in lynx_cfg.h. There is a line in HTUtils.h
> > that undefines HAVE_POPEN for Cygwin. So the options are to either
> > define WIN_EX for Cygwin before www_tcp.h (as Tom had said he planned
> > to do) or to take out the line undefining HAVE_POPEN for Cygwin.
> > Does anyone remember why that was undefined? Is Cygwin's popen still
>
> A quick check shows it was added in 2.8.3dev.8 - and looking at the
> change, it appears that I simplified some ifdef's there in the wrong way.
> Just remove the #undef.

OK. That should get Cygwin compiling with CAN_CUT_AND_PASTE again with
minimal changes to the code. I hope the other changes in the code with
"HAVE_POPEN" now defined will be OK for Cygwin. I did a quick grep,
and I suspect that some of them are not correct for Cygwin, but I am
not sure.
                              Doug
--
Doug Kaufman