Re: lynx-dev calling lynx from xterm

From: Stef Caunter
Subject: Re: lynx-dev calling lynx from xterm
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 22:33:25 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Thomas Dickey wrote:

> But isn't the
>       XXX=value command
> doing that?  Seems to work when I do that sort of thing.  It's not the
> same as
>       XXX=value
>       command.

Yes, quite right, sets it for that shell.

When I run these in cron I am reading in a pipe from

lynx -dump url

from within a perl script which processes the
output.

I've always found lynx ssl the best tool for this kind of
job and that it gets lines perfectly and reliably.

http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month082002/msg00279.html

has some discussion of the subject; there is mention that
cron won't set terminal modes since there is no tty device
per se.

__Stef