Re: mailing-list problem (Was Re: lynx-dev What happened to MINGW patch?

From: Frédéric L . W . Meunier
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 18:05:06 -0200

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Thomas Dickey wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, [ISO-8859-1] Fr?d?ric L. W. Meunier wrote:
>
> > I also noticed it's the second in the last days that a reply I
> > send doesn't go through. The first time I tried resending it a
> > few times and it didn't help. Then I replied to another
> > message, and, guess what, it worked.
> >
> > This time I also tried sending using a local MTA with no luck.
> >
> > Too bad nobody has any control over the mailing-lists. Another
> > reason to consider switching :-)
>
> If someone wants to setup/maintain a (real) alternate mailing list I
> suppose there'd be no objection to that.

What do you mean by alternate ? Have 2, or just move it ?

I think it wouldn't be that hard to move it to Savannah and ask
Verio to redirect all e-mails that go to lynx-dev for a year or
so. Sure, those would be moderated by us. And after a year they
could just send back and e-mail about the move.

But we'd also need the list of current subscribers for lynx-dev
and lynx-dev-contrib.

And what happened to http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/lynx/
? It's there, but how do we access it ?

There's also http://www.freelists.org/ that I use for my
mailing-list, but I don't know if it'd be a good idea to use
it. You never know how long it'll last. The good think is that
doesn't have advertisements like SourceForge, and you have much
more control to administer.

Anyway, I'm willing to setup it or help doing it, and be one of
the moderators. Yes, lynx-dev-contrib is good, it allows you to
post, but isn't mentioned anywhere. I wonder how many people
e-mail lynx-dev and think are being ignored because Verio
doesn't even send them a message about it.

--
How to contact me - http://www.pervalidus.net/contact.html