Re: mailing-list problem (Was Re: lynx-dev What happened to MINGW patch?

From: Frédéric L . W . Meunier
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 20:05:02 -0200

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Thomas Dickey wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, [ISO-8859-1] Frédéric L. W. Meunier wrote:
>
> > But we'd also need the list of current subscribers for lynx-dev
> > and lynx-dev-contrib.
>
> lynx-dev is a majordomo list - I see to recall that its subscriber
> list is available.

Yes, but for who ?

> > And what happened to http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/lynx/
> > ? It's there, but how do we access it ?
>
> Whoever started it didn't maintain it.

See
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2003-09/msg00471.html
http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month092003/msg00142.html

It was Bob Izenberg. I have a Savannah account created in 2001
(pervalidus), but lost the password. I'm trying to recover it.
Bob, can you add me ?

Thomas, do you have an account ? I think Bob should make you
the founder.

> I don't see any particular advantage to creating a project on
> savannah, but the mailing list seems to need some work.

Yes, but the project exists, so we can use it. And we need
one to create the mailing-list.

For now we don't have to use any other resources, only the
mailing-list.

> > Anyway, I'm willing to setup it or help doing it, and be one of
> > the moderators. Yes, lynx-dev-contrib is good, it allows you to
> > post, but isn't mentioned anywhere. I wonder how many people
> > e-mail lynx-dev and think are being ignored because Verio
> > doesn't even send them a message about it.
>
> I don't recall anything about lynx-dev-contrib

Actually, my bad. It's mentioned at
http://lynx.isc.org/current/lynx2-8-5/lynx_help/lynx-dev.html

But with Mailman or Listar we don't need it. You can easily
turn delivery off in the individual configuration page.

--
How to contact me - http://www.pervalidus.net/contact.html