Re: mailing-list problem (Was Re: lynx-dev What happened to MINGW patch?

From: Doug Kaufman
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 14:09:02 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Frédéric L. W. Meunier wrote:

> I also noticed it's the second in the last days that a reply I
> send doesn't go through. The first time I tried resending it a
> few times and it didn't help. Then I replied to another
> message, and, guess what, it worked.
>
> This time I also tried sending using a local MTA with no luck.
>
> Too bad nobody has any control over the mailing-lists. Another
> reason to consider switching :-)

But there are some things that we know and can control. The lynx-dev
list only accepts contributions from addresses of list members or
addresses on lynx-dev-contrib. If you try to send from an address other
that the one where you get mail from the list, it will be rejected. If you
have more than one address from which you might want to post, then you
need to subscribe that address to lynx-dev-contrib.

Problems with the lynx-dev list itself can be sent to the list-elves
list. I am on that list and see very little traffic. I think Tom is also
on list-elves. I don't know how many members of lynx-dev have
subscribed.

Supposedly, if you are not a member of lynx-dev, attempted posts to
lynx-dev will be reviewed and forwarded to the list if appropriate.
I don't know, however, who is taking the time to wade through all
the spam to find an occasional legitimate post from a non-member. I
suspect that most of them are getting lost.
                         Doug

--
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden