Re: lynx-dev release-page for 2.8.5

From: Frédéric L . W . Meunier
Subject: Re: lynx-dev release-page for 2.8.5
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 20:23:12 -0200

On Sat, 7 Feb 2004, Frédéric L. W. Meunier wrote:

> I also upload the Borland libraries and the files I modify
> (makefile.bcb, lynx.rsp...). Frankly, I only make the Borland
> binary so more Windows users can use Lynx. I rarely use it,
> mainly to check something.

http://info.borland.com/sitetools/helpfulhints.html

If You Are Using Lynx:

"Recent versions of Lynx can handle tables enough to display
Borland's Web site coherently."

Great.

"However, now that Lynx represents 0% of the traffic to our
site,"

0 or 0,something ?

"and since ALT text is now used as tooltips on other browsers,
we can no longer guarantee that ALT text will be in place for
images."

"You will have to customize a separate application such as Tin
to access Borland newsgroups."

True ? I thought Lynx supported it. As a test,
nntp:borland.public.conference seems to work fine here.

--
How to contact me - http://www.pervalidus.net/contact.html