Re: lynx-dev lynx, cron and tty

From: Stef Caunter
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx, cron and tty
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 21:25:15 -0500 (EST)

With a local test file consisting of a 1000 character line,
lynx will put a "newline" in before $COLUMNS characters.

With -source it does not do this.

lynx -source file | wc
1       1       1001

lynx -dump file | wc
14      13      1014

You could do your https get with lynx -source and then parse
out the result with something else.

See below from the archive for why setting terminal modes
fails in cron.