Re: lynx-dev a problem of Japanese with 2.8.5pre.5 compiled with ncurses

From: Atsuhito KOHDA
Subject: Re: lynx-dev a problem of Japanese with 2.8.5pre.5 compiled with ncursesw
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 10:34:22 +0900 (JST)

From: Thomas Dickey <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: lynx-dev a problem of Japanese with 2.8.5pre.5 compiled with
ncursesw
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 19:26:16 -0500

> > The problem is very difficult to explain in English
> > but, for example, when you visit
> > http://w1.avis.ne.jp/~nabetaro/text/
> > and select ?$B!VLO7?JWNr!W then you would see a line something
> > like ?$B!V$*2[;R$N$* ?$B$1;~Be!W which should be ?$B!V$*2[;R$N$*$^$1;~Be!W
>
> I'm not seeing that - probably because I don't know what display charset,
> etc., to set it to.  (I tried 7-bit and ISO-8859-1 and EUC-JP).

Sorry, I overlooked this mail.  Display charset is EUC-JP
in my system but it is difficult for me to explain the
situation precisely in English so I attached screenshots
of lynx.

- wrong.png is a screenshot of the problem, one letter lost.

- correct.png is a screenshot after pressing "r" key and
so correctly displays the page.

I also attached a file "lynx-mojibake" which was EUC-JP
encoded (hopefully) which contained "wrong line" and
"correct line".

I hope you can see the problem with these but if not
please feel free to ask me for additional information.

Regards,                       2004-2-18(Wed)

 Atsuhito Kohda <address@hidden>
 Department of Math., Univ. of Tokushima

PNG image

PNG image