Re: lynx-dev archive problem

From: Frédéric L . W . Meunier
Subject: Re: lynx-dev archive problem
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 20:05:24 -0300 (BRT)

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 address@hidden wrote:

> 040220 Doug Kaufman wrote:
> > It was thought best to leave the spam, rather than break the links.
>
> (breathes in deeply) that was not v sensible:
> no-one in their right mind is going to go back to an archive full of spam,
> esp when there are  >= 3  alternatives easily available (see FM's list).

What he meant is that there are various links in the
documentation (that can be replaced IF the move happens) and
e-mails pointing to such messages.

As Thomas pointed out some time ago, if you recreate the
archives from the spam free mbox, all links will point to other
messages or none.

And as I pointed out. it's very easy to avoid that. Just remove
from the HTML.

> if that is the best Flora & its advisors can come up w ,
> the best course is simply to close the whole operation down.

Yes, after 2 years it's time to say goodbye, and thanks for all
the fish (and spam).

--
http://www.pervalidus.net/contact.html