Re: [Lynx-dev] "warning: `libintl_printf' is an unrecognized format func

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] "warning: `libintl_printf' is an unrecognized format function type"
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 19:10:38 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004, Henry Nelson wrote:

> > > on NetBSD 1.6.1 (gcc 2.95.3), and am getting countless warnings:
> > > `` `libintl_printf' is an unrecognized format function type ''.
> >
> > sounds like a bug in NetBSD's header files.
>
> I've been getting a lot of those "bug in NetBSD's header files" lately.
> (Hit harder in ISC's dhcpd.)  The file triggering the warning is locally
> installed, however (slang.h).  Still a problem with NetBSD?

Perhaps.  I haven't encountered this particular one, so it was just a
guess.  It might be a stray #define in one of NetBSD's headers, slang's
or the libiconv.

> (Jim, are you up to doing a sendpr, or would you like me to?  Off list okay.)
>
> > > One more thing I didn't understand was that since there is a release/
> > > lynx2.8.5, shouldn't current/lynx-cur.bz2 break out to lynx2.8.6 (not
> > > 2.8.5)?
> >
> > no - the lynx2.8.6dev.1 should do that
>
> I thought "cur" was "dev.x".  Means there is no lynx2.8.6dev.1?

yes - I made some fixes before the mailing list went awry, and since
other programs (xterm, dialog, ncurses) have been eating a lot of time
I haven't gotten back to lynx.  Not exactly neglecting it, but it would
be nice to have the mailing list moved before dev.1

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net