Re: [Lynx-dev] content-type viewing

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] content-type viewing
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 21:46:52 +0900

On Sat, Mar 13, 2004 at 10:42:05PM -0800, Walter Ian Kaye wrote:
> At 07:31a -0500 03/13/2004, Thomas Dickey didst inscribe upon an
> electronic papyrus:
> >On Fri, 12 Mar 2004, Walter Ian Kaye wrote:
> >Character sets are a different matter - some interpretations that we
> >might change (see some recent discussion of BIG5).
>
> Again, I don't care about interpretation; I just want it to display
> as plain text.
>
> Is there some setting I can adjust?

I didn't follow what problem you were having.  Is it related to the
topic "Possible bug report - content type" discussed in February?  If
so, then yes, set your display character set to one compatible with
what you are trying to view, and Lynx will display it.  (I think Doug
mentioned that "transparent" might be the appropriate choice if you're
aim is not so much to actually read as to get Lynx to display.)

__Henry

  "Using Lynx is like wearing a really good pair of shades: cuts out
   the glare and harmful UV (ultra-vanity), and you feel so-o-o COOL."
                                         -- me, March 1999