[Lynx-dev] options menu broken with UTF-8

From: Atsuhito KOHDA
Subject: [Lynx-dev] options menu broken with UTF-8
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 16:24:56 +0900 (JST)

Hi, we got the following bug report in a Debian Bug Tracking
System.

(cf. http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=240069)

>   Lynx-cur incorrectly displays options menu with UTF-8 locale
> (uk_UA.UTF-8). It displays input fields in different columns. When I run
> lynx-cur with uk_UA.KOI8-U locale input fields begin on the same column.

I also encountered the same problem with LANG=ja_JP.utf-8
on mlterm.

Further, the submitter said as follows but I'm not sure
this was correct or not.

>   Other problem is that lynx uses encoding form config file for
> displaying web pages, and encoding from current locale for displaying
> the options menu.

System info:
lynx-cur 2.8.5rel.1
libncursesw 5.4