Re: lynx-dev makeuctb crashes with -mno-cygwin

From: Frédéric L . W . Meunier
Subject: Re: lynx-dev makeuctb crashes with -mno-cygwin
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 02:01:09 -0300

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004, Doug Kaufman wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Mar 2004, Frédéric L. W. Meunier wrote:
>
> > Based on Doug's e-mail -
> > http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month022004/msg00010.html I
> > finally got rid of Borland C++Builder and used Cygwin's
> > -mno-cygwin. Yes, I compiled all needed libraries with it.
> >
> > I noticed a problem though, and don't know what to do. The
> > resulting makeuctb binary just crashes. Windows XP Professional
> > SP1 pops up a window about msvcrt.dll. Not knowing how to fix
>
> Here are some of the files that I used to compile: the script for
> configure, the changes to lynx_cfg.h, and the makefile for src/chrtrans.
> The directories are specific to the setup on my machine. I hope this
> gives a clue as to why makeuctb didn't work for you. I only compiled and
> tested on Win98SE.

It didn't change anything. I'm attaching the script I used
based on your options. I retained all I use for Cygwin. While
I'm not sure all work, only --enable-nsl-fork failed at build
time. Anyway, they shouldn't make any difference for makeuctb.

I also tried removing -march=i586 -mcpu=i686 -O2 -pipe from
CFLAGS and -Wl,-s from LDFLAGS.

Does anyone run it on 486 ?

I also didn't need your PDCurses patch. I couldn't reproduce:

"The problem with the arrow keys under PDCurses is that when
NUMLOCK is on, the arrow keystrokes seem to be queued. If you
then turn off NUMLOCK and press an arrow key, all of the
previous keypresses will be executed, in addition to the
current one. I would appreciate any insight into this behavior.
When NUMLOCK is on, holding down an arrow key leads to
execution of multiple instances of the key after a delay of
about half a second, but it is difficult to control."

or just didn't understand it.

Also, why is -ltermcap added ? In my last build it picked
-lncurses instead. I thought it'd only add -lcurses.

I'm also attaching the resulting makeuctb.exe and the
differences against my makefile.

--
How to contact me - http://www.pervalidus.net/contact.html