Re: lynx-dev makeuctb crashes with -mno-cygwin

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev makeuctb crashes with -mno-cygwin
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 22:02:54 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, Frédéric L. W. Meunier wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Mar 2004, Doug Kaufman wrote:
> > Here are some of the files that I used to compile: the script for
> > configure, the changes to lynx_cfg.h, and the makefile for src/chrtrans.
> > The directories are specific to the setup on my machine. I hope this
> > gives a clue as to why makeuctb didn't work for you. I only compiled and
> > tested on Win98SE.
>
> It didn't change anything. I'm attaching the script I used
> based on your options. I retained all I use for Cygwin. While
> I'm not sure all work, only --enable-nsl-fork failed at build
> time. Anyway, they shouldn't make any difference for makeuctb.

Perhaps the problem is that the executable compiled by -mno-cygwin is a
Windows program, not designed to work under Cygwin. Does it crash if you
run it under CMD.EXE, rather than under bash? I can't remember - perhaps
I ran it by hand in a DOS box, then came back to complete the
compilation.

> Also, why is -ltermcap added ? In my last build it picked
> -lncurses instead. I thought it'd only add -lcurses.

I don't think that ncurses has been ported to mingw, unless that
happened quite recently.
                       Doug
--
Doug Kaufman