[Lynx-dev] mime_types (was: ... google )

From: gilmap
Subject: [Lynx-dev] mime_types (was: ... google )
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 16:20:16 -0600 (MDT)

In a recent note, Thomas Dickey said:

> Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 17:54:55 -0400 (EDT)
>
> You could override it by specifying a different path in the lynx.cfg
> for GLOBAL_EXTENSION_MAP.  That's a workaround.  Actually it doesn't make
> sense (to me) that lynx should have to advertise that it accepts
> everything in the file - in principle, one could do an

This reminds me of an irritation that happens on OS X.  I
select a link to a document with "Content-type: application/pdf"
and path suffix ".pdf"  Lynx fetches it and launches a viewer
according to the EXTENSION_MAP.  But the suffix of the workfile
in $TMPDIR is not ".pdf", and the viewer rejects it.

How does Lynx select the suffix of the workfile?

Thanks,
gil
--
StorageTek