Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: lynx-dev a problem of Japanese with 2.8.5pre.5 compil

From: Atsuhito KOHDA
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: lynx-dev a problem of Japanese with 2.8.5pre.5 compiled withncursesw
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 14:36:01 +0900 (JST)

From: Thomas Dickey <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: lynx-dev a problem of Japanese with 2.8.5pre.5
compiled withncursesw
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 04:54:56 -0400 (EDT)

> > Only one (but critical) problem is that installing libiconv
> > in a system with glibc (like Linux) might be very hard and
> > dangerous.
>
> only when the install overwrites existing files.

I'm not sure but it might be not so simple.  On a Linux
system with libiconv, there could be a problem with gettext.
(README of libiconv says that recompilation of gettext is
necessary if I understand it correctly.)

In my system, at least some processing po-files seemed to
fail after installing libiconv.

> > Isn't there any chance of a patch which could work with glibc's
> > iconv?
>
> Other than setting $LIBS, what is involved in doing this?

Hmm, sorry but I didn't understand the above suggestion
correctly but Hataguchi-san provided us a new patch ;-)

Regards,                          2004-5-12(Wed)

 Atsuhito Kohda <address@hidden>
 Department of Math., Univ. of Tokushima