Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx freezed on uxterm with UTF-8

From: Atsuhito Kohda
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx freezed on uxterm with UTF-8
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 16:42:35 +0900 (JST)

From: Atsuhito KOHDA <address@hidden>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 14:40:42 +0900 (JST)

> > > CHARACTER_SET:utf-8
> > > PREFERRED_LANGUAGE:utf-8
> >
> > It doesn't hang when I run this combination.
>
> Sorry, I'll check a problem more precisely and will report
> if I could find a real problem.

Not sure but please test on uxterm,

first set LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8,
then run lynx,
press "o" key and select as follows (but the window would
be very much broken so you should guess)
"Display character set" to "UNICODE (UTF-8)"
"Preferred document language" to "utf-8"
then "Accept Changes" (which would be not shown but you
can guess because it would be after "lynx.cfg")

Now leave the option menu window then press again "o" key.
In my case, lynx hangs at this instance.

I'm afraid "Preferred document language" of "utf-8" might
be wrong.

Regards,                        2004-5-14(Fri)

 Atsuhito Kohda <address@hidden>
 Department of Math., Univ. of Tokushima