Re: [Lynx-dev] Built-in zlib stopped working two releases ago

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Built-in zlib stopped working two releases ago
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 17:58:33 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 25 May 2004 address@hidden wrote:

> Everything else works.  But the libz library compiles properly, and the
> resulting lynx.exe with -DUSE_ZLIB doesn't decompress .gz web pages
> (try superpages.com).

It seems to work for me (on Linux).  Perhaps one of the ifdef's that
turns on the Accept-Encoding items is not correct in the non-autoconf
version.

The options menu should have a new entry like

  Preferred encoding (!)           : [All_____]

and list gzip as one of the possible choices.

Here's the section of my trace file that shows what happens:

LYCookie: Searching for 'superpages.com:80', '/'.
Composing Authorization for superpages.com:80/
HTAASetup_lookup: No template matched `' (so probably not protected)
HTTP: Not sending authorization (yet).
Writing:
GET / HTTP/1.0\r
Host: superpages.com\r
Accept: text/html, text/plain, text/sgml, */*;q=0.01\r
Accept-Encoding: gzip, compress, bzip2\r
Referer: http://superpages.com/\r
\r
----------------------------------
Sending HTTP request.
HTTP: WRITE delivered OK
HTTP request sent; waiting for response.
HTTP: Trying to read 1535
HTTP: Read 179
Read 179 bytes of data, 586 bytes/sec.
HTTP: Rx: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
HTTP: Scanned 2 fields from line_buffer
--- Talking HTTP1.
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
HTFormat: Constructing stream stack for www/mime to www/present
HTFormat: Looking up presentation for www/mime to www/present
HTFormat: comparing image/* and www/mime for half match
HTFormat: comparing text/* and www/mime for half match
HTFormat: comparing text/* and www/mime for half match
HTFormat: comparing text/* and www/mime for half match
HTFormat: comparing text/* and www/mime for half match
HTFormat: comparing text/* and www/mime for half match
HTFormat: comparing text/* and www/mime for half match
StreamStack: found weak wildcard match: www/present
FindPresentation: found exact match: www/mime
StreamStack: found exact match: www/mime
StreamStack: Returning "MIMEParser"
HTMIME:  Server: Netscape-Enterprise/4.1^M