[Lynx-dev] That web site superpages.com again

From: vtailor
Subject: [Lynx-dev] That web site superpages.com again
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 22:07:08 -0500

Gee, isn't that funny.  The superpages.com web site went back to sending
.gz web pages that lynx wanted to download (application-gzip).  I tried
downloading one or two, and I found out that pointing lynx at the disk
directory where the gz file was downloaded got me an ungzipped file,
which I then printed as an html file (automatically uncompressed by
viewing it in lynx), which I then viewed as a correct html file by
pointing lynx at the printed file.  Seems like a bit too much work,
but I think it proves that that lynx is easily capable of automatically
expanding the file and viewing the result.