Re: [Lynx-dev] Japanese letters vanish sometimes

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Japanese letters vanish sometimes
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 19:16:39 +0000

Dixitur illum address@hidden scribere...

>> http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/lib/libcurses/
>
>I'm familiar with the webpage.  But how does a 3-year-old version of
>ncurses help with UTF-8?  (I recall reading a comment via google that
>they might update it after the next major release ;-)

We have neither a recent ncurses, nor utf-8 support at all.
That's all I was going to point out. (Yes, you might call
it whine :) All I want is a way to make an OS utf-8 capable
without NLS or LOCALE or I18N support...)

My primary testing site is, by the way,
http://www.animelab.com/anime.manga/dictionary/

(I'm trying to learn a bit Japanese, because it helps if you
 watch Anime or read Manga, even these which are translated.)

//Thorsten
--
Currently blocking eMail from the following domains: bigpond.com, biz, gmx.de,
gmx.net, hotmail.com, info, jumpy.it, libero.it, name, netscape.net,