Re: [Lynx-dev] Problem with GZIP and HTTP chunkies

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Problem with GZIP and HTTP chunkies
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 19:30:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004, Giuseppe Scrivano wrote:

> Hi,
> It seems that lynx doesn't like HTTP chunkies when the data is
> compressed with GZIP.  This feature is supported well on other browsers
> and the absence of this in lynx cause problems with web servers that
> send GZIP data in HTTP chunkies.

Your site
        http://www.myserverproject.net

has some reference to lynx 2.8.4 (released in 2001), and to the Delorie
site (_much_ older).  I'm able to view the site with lynx 2.8.4 as well as
lynx 2.8.5 (released in 2004).

If I had a better idea what I'm looking for, I might see a problem.

To post a followup comment on the website, it appears that I must register
for an account - but trying with Mozilla, Opera and (of course) lynx, I'm
not successful (I supplied the required fields and was told the username
was disallowed).  The FAQ doesn't provide any insight.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net