Re: [Lynx-dev] Japanese (JIS, EUC, Shift-JIS), uxterm

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Japanese (JIS, EUC, Shift-JIS), uxterm
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 20:36:01 +0900

On Sun, Jul 11, 2004 at 11:20:37AM +0000, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> Weird, I can't reproduce this, not even using a raw HTTP request via ftp(1).

Try d)ownloading the page, and then viewing it in a text editor.

> Also, the pages at http://linear.mv.com/cgi-bin/j-e (which is this
> dictionary) don't seem to have the header.

When I download the page and then view it in nvi, I see:

   <HEAD>

There doesn't appear to be any Japanese on that page, however.  (There
doesn't appear to be a charset meta for euc-jp, either.)

__Henry

  "Using Lynx is like wearing a really good pair of shades: cuts out
   the glare and harmful UV (ultra-vanity), and you feel so-o-o COOL."
                                         -- me, March 1999