Re: [Lynx-dev] Japanese (JIS, EUC, Shift-JIS), uxterm

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Japanese (JIS, EUC, Shift-JIS), uxterm
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 17:50:48 +0000

Dixitur illum address@hidden scribere...

>Please download the file and save it to disk.  "nc" is striping the
>invalid meta tag.

No, it is not. "nc" is netcat, a programme even more simple than telnet.
Netcat just connects the tty and the socket.

>Maybe check again that your Display Character Set is "Japanese (EUC-JP)"
>or "Japanese (Shift_JIS)" and that your terminal is set to accept the
>encoding you have chosen for your display.

No, my display character set is, obviously, utf-8.

>General comment:  Those pages are like dinosaurs of the past.  I haven't

Yes, I already thought that might be the issue - but then, lynx is
The Browser, so it ought to display them, no?

>You ought to see my list, 700+.

:)

It's enough for my purposes, and along with a sendmail which checks
if the sender domain exists, and accepts IPv6 too (many people block
dynamic IPv4 yet don't have IPv6, which sucks), that gets me fairly
few annoyed people.

bye,
//Thorsten
--
Currently blocking eMail from the following domains: bigpond.com, biz, gmx.de,
gmx.net, hotmail.com, info, jumpy.it, libero.it, name, netscape.net,