Re: [Lynx-dev] Japanese (JIS, EUC, Shift-JIS), uxterm

From: patakuti
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Japanese (JIS, EUC, Shift-JIS), uxterm
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 23:15:27 +0900 (JST)

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004, Thorsten Glaser wrote:

> >Maybe check again that your Display Character Set is "Japanese (EUC-JP)"
> >or "Japanese (Shift_JIS)" and that your terminal is set to accept the
> >encoding you have chosen for your display.
>
> No, my display character set is, obviously, utf-8.

Unfortunately, Lynx has no translation table/mechanism from EUC-JP
(,Shift_JIS nor ISO-2022-JP) to UTF-8, so you can't read the page
properly with your setting easily.

# I wrote in details on 2004.2.19.
#   http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month022004/msg00360.html

One easy way, please try to use kterm and set D.C.S to Japanese
(EUC-JP) or Japanese (Shift_JIS).

Another way, If you want to use utf-8 setting, TTYConv utility may
help you.
# I haven't tested yet.
--
Takeshi Hataguchi