Re: [Lynx-dev] altering connect time-out value

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] altering connect time-out value
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 20:34:23 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004, Thomas Dickey wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 address@hidden wrote:
>
> > when it can't connect to a link, Lynx 2.8.6dev.4 times out after  23 sec .
> > in  lynx.cfg , there is a section :
> >
> >   .h2 CONNECT_TIMEOUT
> >   # Specifies (in seconds) connect timeout. Default value is rather huge.
> >   #CONNECT_TIMEOUT:18000
> >   CONNECT_TIMEOUT:300
> >
> > the final line is my experiment, which makes no difference to behaviour,
> > even after a reboot.  how can i make Lynx wait longer when trying a link ?
> > i'ld like something like  5 min  (after all, you can use 'z' to disconnect).

I added a trace to show the counter, and timed it (with connect_timeout
set to 300) on my machine.  It ran 3 minutes 11 seconds.  The log shows
the error that stopped the loop:

tries 1887/3000
tries 1888/3000
tries 1889/3000
TCP: Error 110 in `SOCKET_ERRNO' after call to confirm-ready connect() failed.
        Connection timed out
HTTP: Unable to connect to remote host for `http://ffoo.com/' (errno = 9).

Alert!: Unable to connect to remote host.

HTAccess:  status=-29999
HTAccess: `http://ffoo.com/' has been accessed, No data loaded.
stop_curses: done.

According to errno's list, a 110 is "Connection timed out", as the log
shows.  That's probably settable outside lynx, but I'm not sure where
to look...

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net