Re: [Lynx-dev] can Lynx be used today ?

From: Walter Ian Kaye
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] can Lynx be used today ?
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 07:10:22 -0700

At 07:21a -0600 08/02/2004, address@hidden didst inscribe upon an electronic papyrus:

In a recent note, Walter Ian Kaye said:

 > Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 01:55:44 -0700
 >
 > Ditto to what Doug said; exactly the same here. I even set up Lynx as
 > my default browser on Mac OS X, and have used it on several occasions

How do you do this?  Is there an AppleScript involved?

Yep. :) It acts as a kind of proxy/adapter thingie, passing URLs on to Lynx via Terminal.app. I call it "ShimLynx". :-)

Will you share?
I visited your AppleScript page and didn't see a good match:

Oops, I never got around to writing a ReadMe for it, so I didn't upload it.
::writing ReadMe now::

Also, it's hardcoded to `cd` to ~/Downloads but that's just on my computer; I need to give some user preferences other than modifying the script itself. I should probably set that up before releasing it...

-boo