Re: [Lynx-dev] Feature Request: download current page

From: Stef Caunter
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Feature Request: download current page
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 09:55:40 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004, Thorsten Glaser wrote:

> I often visit webpages which are somehow parsed by lynx, but
> I have to get them "as is". Printing the source of the page
> is not an option usually, because it modifies it, and going
> back and pressing 'd' on the link is sometimes not an option
> either, because the file is not linked anywhere.

I also do (p)rint of '\' rendered source which is not optimal. This is to
locally save those little self-congratulatory, frequently ephemeral, external
media references to an e-com client's website.

> That's why I want a download-me-this-page-as-is option

I've also always wanted the filenaming capability to quickly

(c)lear or
disable or
generate an autodated filename

instead of the URL-based "suggested file name"; can EDITOR be invoked? or a
script hook?; pretty sure I can set a default d/l location, but a little file
browser navigation would be pleasant, too. The file browsing capabilities of
lynx would not be a candidate, would they?

__Stef
http://caunter.ca/contact.html