Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx "eats" a lot of RAM in few seconds!

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx "eats" a lot of RAM in few seconds!
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 13:08:11 +0900

On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 07:07:40PM -0400, Edgard Pineda wrote:
> instead of call wvText, first call wvHtml and then call lynx with this
> parameter... but when I try to run lynx -nested_tables wv3488.html, I
> get: (in lynx-2.8.5-15 of FC2)

Maybe try to use "wvWare" (binary) rather than "wvText" (shell script):

  wvWare -c [WINDOWS CODE PAGE FOR SPANISH] yourfile.doc > yourfile.htm
  lynx -dump -nolist [OTHER COMMAND LINE OPTIONS] yourfile.htm > yourfile.txt

(Somewhere, e.g., lynx.cfg, you should have your default display character
 set properly for Spanish.)

__Henry

  "Using Lynx is like wearing a really good pair of shades: cuts out
   the glare and harmful UV (ultra-vanity), and you feel so-o-o COOL."
                                         -- me, March 1999