[Lynx-dev] Re: LYNX already compiled for Win98

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Re: LYNX already compiled for Win98
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 07:30:08 -0400

On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 10:02:02PM +0200, Veit Andreas wrote:
> Dear Sirs,
>
> > NOTE! Due to new ISP bandwidth rules, the above 2 files have been disabled
> > from downloading.
> > If you want a copy, send me an email to jamesYYMM [at] spoonfork.org, where
> > the y's and m's
> > are numbers representing year and month.
> please send me a copy of  LYNX already compiled for Win98.
> I would like to test  2-8-3rel and the 2.8.4pre5 .
> I want to
> - 1st:   get common with this browser at home under Win98
> - 2nd:  later, check how I can script this software under RedHat LINUX
> - 3rd:  at the latest step, if applicable, I would like to use LYNX to
> automatically check the availability of our companies homepage.
> - 4th:  If not applicable I would have to fall back to scripting an ftp
> client, but that's usualy very time consuming.
>
> ==> Please try with LYNX  www.homebriefing.com , an application based on BEA
> application server.
> ==> Is this beyond the scope of LYNX ?
> ==> It didn't work with Version 2.8.1rel.1
>
> If, beginning with 3rd, our company would have to pay a fee for commercial
> use, please tell me including an URL that I can foreward to my bosses.
>
> Many thanks in advance and best regards,
> Andreas Veit

(I sent Lynx/win32 via prior email; this message cc'd to the list w/o .exe ;-)

It looks like www.homebriefing.com is java script, which Lynx doesn't render.

Checking page availability is possible with Lynx, but may be overkill.

------
<http://www.cs.indiana.edu/picons/db/users/org/spoonfork/james0407/face.xbm>
<http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?q=%22web+home+for+jim+spath%22>
<http://www.google.com/search?q=web+home+for+jim+spath>
Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
/usr/bin/bash: fortune: command not found