Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.6dev.6

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.6dev.6
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 14:50:09 +0000 (UTC)

address@hidden dixit:

>>  - most japanese pages work in kterm (note that my lynx is
>>    still English, and neither locale nor gettext/nls support
>>    exists in the operating environment)

"most" = these in EUC-JP

>>  - some work if I set both lynx and kterm to display character
>>    set Shift-JIS (lynx seems to not convert between them)
>
>some work?  Do you mean some work and some doesn't work?

"some" = these in SJIS ;-) sorry for being unclear

>>  - utf-8 pages don't work in kterm (no conversion)
>
>Please try --enable-japanese-utf8 configure option which is introduced
>from 2.8.6dev.4.

Oh, how nice?

*looks*

if test $use_ja_utf8 != no ; then
        AC_DEFINE(EXP_JAPANESEUTF8_SUPPORT)
        AC_CHECK_LIB(iconv,libiconv_open)
fi

Not nice. This library is not in the base installation,
but lynx is. I cannot introduce a dependency on a port
into the base system.

Last time I checked, GNU libiconv was under LGPL. If
someone knows of a free iconv library that works with
lynx, please let me know.

Thanks,
//mirabile