Re: [Lynx-dev] -pseudo_inlines: the way to avoid seeing their filenames

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] -pseudo_inlines: the way to avoid seeing their filenames
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 16:08:09 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004, Dan Jacobson wrote:

> T> but this is discussed in detail in Lynx_users_guide.html, for example
>
> T>    [
> T>           The '[' command toggles pseudo_inlines mode on and off. When on,
>
> well, we batch (-dump) users hope all would be clear on just the man
> page. In particular we would avoid looking at keystroke descriptions,
> as that isn't the place where batch users would look.

That was a for-example (there are several places in the users's guide
where psuedo-alts are described).

However, the user's guide is where that level of detail is expected to
reside:

> ls -l Lynx_users_guide.html ../lynx.man
-r--r--r--  1 tom tom  33668 Oct 17 18:13 ../lynx.man
-r--r--r--  1 tom tom 167027 Oct 17 18:13 Lynx_users_guide.html

(xterm's manpage isn't that large, and few people read it)

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net