Re: [Lynx-dev] (no subject)

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] (no subject)
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 16:35:49 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004, Stef Caunter wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Oct 2004, Thomas Dickey wrote:
>
> > If it failed all the time out of X, I would assume it had
> > something to do with the mailcap parsing (which I did modify a few months
> > ago in dev.5).  But to fail only the first time - unless your mailcap
> > tests are leaving some "temporary" file behind, I don't see a mechanism
> > for this.
>
> It does fail all the time out of X. I go to X, use mozilla, leave X, and lynx
> stops behaving normally until I log out and log back in (maybe some
> environment
> variable is corrupted?).

temporary file perhaps, but not an environment variable.

There are system-specific problems with X versus console (I seem to recall
vaguely reading some account which indicated the console couldn't be
reopened, but most of the problems are simply that the console won't
repaint, etc).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net