Re: [Lynx-dev] http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/378632

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/378632
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 07:21:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004, Doug Kaufman wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Oct 2004, Thomas Dickey wrote:
>
> > I put a fix for this in
> >
> >     ftp://invisible-island.net/temp/lynx2.8.6dev.7b.patch.gz
>
> I just built lynx2.8.6dev.7 with the above patch for DOS. Some pages
> are now displaying incorrectly. The last binary I built for DOS was
> 2.8.6dev.4, which displayed properly. A MingW build of 2.8.6dev.5 also
> displays properly. I haven't had a chance to build 2.8.6dev.7 on other
> platforms yet. I am seeing duplication of lines as I go from link to
> link at: "gopher://gopher.floodgap.com/1";.

I don't see that with ncurses or slang on Linux.  However PDcurses (Linux
- I didn't noticed this on win32) has a problem.  I suspect it's
introducing some spurious line wrap due to the change which allows lynx to
use all 80 columns.  That's the ifdef for LYcolLimit in src/LYCurses.h

(I did notice that my re-built configuration for PDCurses doesn't have the
mouse working - something to check on for dev.8 - but my plan for dev.8 is
to focus on VMS to get binaries for the freeware cdrom).

It's useful to know that there's still a working gopher site - I couldn't
find one for testing the last time I looked.  Are there any WAIS sites
remaining?  (I might remove the code if there are none - the only way I
can see to test it would be to build my own site).

> The DJGPP binary was built with PDCurses2.6 and watt32-2.2-dev.rel.7.
> Once again, the configure file does not work with DJGPP. I had to
> regenerate from configure.in using autoconf 2.13. Autoconf 2.57 still
> gives an error that AC_DIVERT_HELP is not defined, despite having
> applied the patch from Tom's site.

I suspect djgpp's shell support isn't that good.  I put a copy of the
scripts in
        ftp://invisible-island.net/temp/lynx-cfg.zip

Revisiting this, I see that autoconf 2.57 breaks the usage of LIBOBJS
(which I use to glue in LYExterns.o and the dired stuff), but there's
no problem with the AC_DIVERT_HELP (the string doesn't appear in the
file).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net