Re: [Lynx-dev] won't render as it thinks it is not text/html

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] won't render as it thinks it is not text/html
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 16:12:39 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004, Dan Jacobson wrote:

> $ wwwoffle -O http://gisws.media.osaka-cu.ac.jp/grass04/viewabstract.php?id=19
> But lynx says it is not text/html and won't render it.
> It warns about the charset, but then just calls $PAGER on the source.

This is a repeat of an earlier report (which I addressed in 2.8.6dev.6):

* modify pumpData() in HTMIME.c to improve recovery when a charset is found
  that cannot be translated.  Before this change, the charset was not stripped
  from the format string, e.g.,
        text/html; charset=big5
  and since there would be no match for the format, lynx would offer to simply
  download the page (if interactive), or refuse to format (for dumps).
  Although the content of the page is unusable, the user can still navigate
  the page using the links which may be there (Debian #254603) -TD

I'm able to view the page with 2.8.6dev.6 (though the alert message
regarding EUC-JP can be annoying).

btw - the page appears to be ASCII -

                                                       Dariusz Mrozek (p1 of 2)

   [INLINE]   Free/Libre and Open Source Software for Geoinformatics:
   GIS-GRASS Users Conference
   Presented by FOSS/GRASS 2004 International Organizing Committee
   [INLINE]
       Home > Papers > Dariusz Mrozek
   [INLINE]
   [INLINE]