Re: [Lynx-dev] won't render as it thinks it is not text/html

From: Atsuhito KOHDA
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] won't render as it thinks it is not text/html
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 21:19:23 +0900 (JST)

From: Thomas Dickey <address@hidden>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 16:12:39 -0400 (EDT)

> On Sun, 24 Oct 2004, Dan Jacobson wrote:
>
> > $ wwwoffle -O
> > http://gisws.media.osaka-cu.ac.jp/grass04/viewabstract.php?id=19
> > But lynx says it is not text/html and won't render it.
> > It warns about the charset, but then just calls $PAGER on the source.
>
> This is a repeat of an earlier report (which I addressed in 2.8.6dev.6):
(snip)
> I'm able to view the page with 2.8.6dev.6 (though the alert message
> regarding EUC-JP can be annoying).

Hi Dan, sorry but the lynx-cur package (of Debian) is of dev.5
yet because there seems a minor problem with dev.6 (and dev.7)
so I didn't upload the package of dev.6 nor dev.7  But I already
packaged lynx-cur of dev.7

I put lynx-cur of dev.7 in
http://www1.pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp/~kohda/debian/experimet/
so you can test it in normal Debian's way.

> btw - the page appears to be ASCII -

yes, it looks so.

>    [INLINE]   Free/Libre and Open Source Software for Geoinformatics:
>    GIS-GRASS Users Conference
>    Presented by FOSS/GRASS 2004 International Organizing Committee

The problem I mentioned above is that these lines looked

    Presented by FOFOSS/GRASS 2004 International Organizing Committee
                 ^^
on kterm with normal settings.

Regards,                        2004-10-24(Sun)

 Atsuhito Kohda <address@hidden>
 Department of Math., Univ. of Tokushima