Re: [Lynx-dev] won't render as it thinks it is not text/html

From: Atsuhito KOHDA
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] won't render as it thinks it is not text/html
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 12:44:27 +0900 (JST)

From: Thomas Dickey <address@hidden>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 09:40:52 -0400 (EDT)

> > Yes, I noticed the difference between you and me in this point.
> > As far as I tested or on my system, even if I selected Display
> > character set to Japanese (EUC-JP) I saw the problem...
> >
> > I hope there might someone else who can test this.
>
> that would be nice - I'm puzzled.  (In development I did see
> misalignments, and fixed the ones I could find, so I have a rough idea
> what the issue is).

Well, I'm not sure if this is of any help for you but
I put two screenshots of option menu in

http://www1.pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp/~kohda/debian/experiment/lynx.png
and lynx-en.png

lynx.png is lynx with "Display character set"="Japanese (EUC-JP)"
(so with Japanese characters!) and lynx-en.png is with
"Display character set"="ISO-8859-1" (so with English)

Please note that the last word in the second line looked
HHELP! (and its counterpart in Japanese)

Other links looked correct in this case.

I can't see any (good nor bad) effect with the settings of
Dispaly character set yet.

Regards,                        2004-10-25(Mon)

 Atsuhito Kohda <address@hidden>
 Department of Math., Univ. of Tokushima